5pm February 21, 2016 @ Sofia Quintero Art & Cultural Center
Join us for our first social welfare-focused SOUP event!
Vote to support your favorite project while we bring together locally-minded people over a tasty bowl of soup, with all the fixings, of course!
How it works:
1. Put $5 in the basket at the door.
2. Eat soup made by local chefs and listen project proposals presentations.
3. Vote for the project you want to win everyone’s $5s.
4. Celebrate as the winner receives the pot o’ money!
Every dollar raised at the event from entry donations, bake sale and raffle ticket sales will go to the winner. With your help, we will raise $750 – $1250 for a community-improvement project voted on by YOU, all during dinner!
• SibShops – Sibshops is a special group for those aged 9-16 who have a sibling with special needs. Sibshops provides a community for these children to talk about the blessings and challenges they face. They also provide education on disabilities to help with coping skills, and share insights with parents to help their typical children manage the stresses of having a special needs sibling.
• Toledo Streets Newspaper – Toledo Streets in a non-profit organization that produces a monthly newspaper that covers community news. They are part of a global street paper movement of over 110 papers in 35 countries, all with the same goal of giving their communities a program to lift individuals out of poverty through work.
• Toledo Prison Mural Arts Project – This project will involve the facilitation of a community arts workshop with incarcerated individuals. Participants are currently learning about community art and will ultimately plan and execute a community mural project dealing with the theme of justice and revealing truths about the incarceration experience. They hope this project will elevate public consciousness, build bridges between those who are incarcerated and the community, and empower incarcerated individuals to become agents of positive change in their own lives and in their communities.
• Together We Can Make a Difference – This organization provides personal care and toiletry items, including bar soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, denture adhesive, cleaning tabs, deodorant, razors, feminine hygiene products, bladder control garments, diapers, wipes, dish soap and laundry soap to needy households in NWO. These items cannot be purchased with assistance vouchers, so they’re trying to fill the void.
Toledo SOUP is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit group, run completely by unpaid volunteers who want to see good ideas become reality, help make NW Ohio a better place, and bring the community together for a good meal!
Join us for an evening of delicious food, interesting people, exciting ideas, and community pride.