Don’t worry if you missed the Proposal Workshop – we got you covered! Here are the takeaways to help as you prep your proposal for the 5/1 deadline.
1. SHORT, QUICK, AND TO THE POINT
– Your proposal doesn’t need to be a novel.
– Be concise – eliminate wordy phrases and jargon,
– Free write then hone in to your main focus (this may take several passes).
2. HELP US UNDERSTAND YOUR IDEA
– Assume the reader doesn’t know anything related to your project.
– Don’t make the reader work.
– Provide facts/examples about past success, current position, and your future potential.
– Show off both the big picture and supporting details.
– Be honest.
3. EDIT AND PROOFREAD
– Anything you submit will be used in printed packets at the dinner.
– Organize and clarify your message – make it easy to follow.
– Look for spelling errors and grammar issues.
– Go back through, re-read, and read aloud.
– Get another set of eyes to look at it.