- Your idea can be about ANYTHING.
- Idea must be based in Greater Toledo Area.
- Anyone can submit.
HOW TO SUBMIT
- Answer the questions below or on this printable form. Forms are also available at Handmade Toledo and Floral Pursuit.
- Submit the form in one of the following ways:
- Press “Submit Proposal” button at the end of this page.
- Email us your completed form at ToledoSOUP@gmail.com
- Drop-off your completed form at Handmade Toledo or Floral Pursuit.
- Your proposal doesn’t need to be a novel.
- Short, quick, and to the point.
- Save what you wrote, so if you want to resubmit for a future event you have it to reference.
- Anything you submit will be used in printed packets at the dinner.
- Make sure you edit, look for spelling errors, etc.
- Tell us about your past success, current position, and your future potential.
- Show off both the exciting big picture as well as supporting details.
- The clearer, organized, and thoughtful plan you can communicate, the better.
We host occasional Proposal Workshops to help you refine your message. The workshop focuses on the proposal questions and how to communicate your mission, goals, impact, and vision for the future. Keep an eye on our website and facebook page to hear about the next event.
The SOUP Committee will also happily answer questions and share any additional material they’ve prepared. Just ask! Check out a sample we’ve put together to help.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Monday, May 1, 2017
To be considered for the May 21 event at Hensville.
Once the deadline has passed, the SOUP Committee will collect the proposals and give anonymous copies to a select set of local leaders, past winners, and project experts. The judges will vote for their top four based on a number factors, including feasibility, community impact, necessity, and timeline.
A couple weeks before the social, you will be notified whether or not you were selected. If you were selected, congratulations! You have the opportunity to pitch your proposal at the next SOUP and are closer to winning the micro-grant. If you were not selected, please resubmit and TRY AGAIN!!
- Previous Toledo SOUP winners are not eligible to submit for one year from their award date. Runner-up presenters must sit out one SOUP event before being eligible to apply again.
- By submitting a project proposal, applicant grants permission to Toledo SOUP to use the applicant’s proposal in promotional materials for Toledo SOUP.