CLICK HERE to Submit your Idea
Deadline April 30th at 12PM for Spring 2019 submissions.
FREE PROPOSAL WORKSHOP
HOW IT WORKS
1) Submit your application.
2) Judges select four.
3) Four ideas pitched at next event.
4) Event attendees vote.
5) Winner leaves with $$.
– Participation is free.
– Your idea can be about ANYTHING.
– Idea must be based in the Greater Toledo area.
– Anyone can submit.
1. Short, quick, and to the point
– Your proposal doesn’t need to be a novel.
– Be concise – eliminate wordy phrases and jargon.
– Free write then hone in to your main focus (this may take several passes).
2. Help us understand your idea
– Assume the reader doesn’t know anything related to your project.
– Don’t make the reader work.
– Provide facts/examples about past success, current position, and your future potential.
– Show off both the big picture and supporting details.
– Be honest.
3. Edit and proofread
– Anything you submit will be used in printed packets at the dinner, please be concise.
– Organize and clarify your message – make it easy to follow.
– Look for spelling errors and grammar issues.
– Go back through, re-read, and read aloud.
– Get another set of eyes to look at it.
– If you submit a written application, make sure it is legible.